Welcome to the MyConsultant Forum, provided and administered by the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (“CAPIC”) for the benefit of users.
Use of the MyConsultant Forum
Forum users shall not post on the MyConsultant forum any content that:
- is abusive, offensive, harmful, obscene, harassing, hateful, racist, threatening, or injurious to any person, group, or entity;
- contains swear words, bad language, or offensive nicknames;
- may be defamatory of any person, group, or entity;
- is not courteous and civil toward other users, clients of immigration consulting services, government officials, or members of the public;
- may be harmful to the reputation of the MyConsultant platform;
- impersonates a person, assumes a false identity, falsely states or otherwise misrepresents one’s affiliation with a person, entity, or group, or disguises the origin of any content of a message;
- constitutes a taunt published to ridicule another person, entity or group, or a MyConsultant topic. Persistent off-topic comments, postings, or statements are prohibited;
- contains materials that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, that violate the rights of others, or that would otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, national, or international law;
- in any way breaches the confidence of another individual. In particular:
Forum Users must not post any messages containing any person’s personal information (including their name, address, job title, cell phone number or other contact details) without first obtaining that person’s written consent;
- contains material (including but not limited to photographs, programs, publications, trade secrets, copying and pasting text of news stories) protected by privacy, copyright, trademark, or any other applicable laws, unless you own or control the rights thereto or have obtained all necessary consents to upload the material on the MyConsultant Forum. By posting messages that contain such materials, the Forum User warrants that he or she owns the right to such materials or has received permission from the owner. In addition, the posting Forum User grants CAPIC and the users of the MyConsultant Forum the non-exclusive right to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such protected material. Alternatively, it is acceptable to provide a hyperlink to the protected materials, or alternatively quote the material with the full citation;
- is published for a commercial purpose, contains or links to advertising, is published for the solicitation of funds, or is published for the solicitation of goods and services, unless prior written authorization is provided by CAPIC; or
- contains destructive features such as: viruses; computer code or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, and telecommunications equipment; Trojan horses; or Bots (Bots are programs that operate as agents, such as spiders or crawlers, that access web sites and gather their content for search engine indexes).
Forum Users may participate in either official language, French or English. However, translation is not provided by CAPIC.
CAPIC reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to remove or edit any messages and/or to exclude you (either temporarily or permanently) from the MyConsultant Forum, depending on the nature and severity of your breach.
Liability and Disclaimers
You agree that your use of the MyConsultant Forum shall be at your sole risk. You also agree that Forum Users are solely responsible for their publications appearing on the MyConsultant Forum.
The messages appearing on the MyConsultant Forum express the views of the authors of the messages, and not the views of CAPIC or any of its directors, officers, employees, or agents. CAPIC makes no warranties, conditions or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the MyConsultant Forum’s content or the content of any websites linked to this site.
In no event shall CAPIC, and their respective directors, officers, employees, or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind or nature, even if CAPIC has been advised of the possibility of such, including without limitation, any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury, damage to reputation, property or person, or damage of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the MyConsultant Forum;
- any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the MyConsultant Forum;
- any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party;
- any errors or omissions in any context or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the MyConsultant Forum; and/or,
- any claims based in an action in contract, tort, statute, or any other ground of liability.
CAPIC reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any publication you made on the MyConsultant Forum.
Information provided is for reference only and does not constitute legal advice. You agree to indemnify CAPIC and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses whatsoever, including without limitation legal fees and disbursements on a solicitor and own client basis and any amounts paid by CAPIC to a third party in the settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of CAPIC legal advisor, resulting directly or indirectly from your:
- access to, use of, or publication on the MyConsultant Forum;
- reliance on or republication of anything appearing on the MyConsultant Forum;
- violation of any local, provincial, national, or international law while accessing, using, or publishing on the MyConsultant Forum.
Considering the real-time nature of the MyConsultant Forum, it is impossible for CAPIC to review messages or to confirm the validity of the information posted. CAPIC does not actively monitor the content of the posted messages and is not responsible for any messages posted. Any Forum User who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact CAPIC immediately by sending an email to email@example.com. CAPIC will endeavour to remove objectionable messages within a reasonable time frame, if it is determined that removal is necessary or appropriate.
MyConsultant and the MyConsultant logo and related names displayed on the MyConsultant Forum are the trademarks, service mark, or registered trademark for CAPIC. Any reproduction of any of these marks without the express written consent of CAPIC is strictly prohibited.
The MyConsultant Forum may contain links to other sites as well as electronic mail links. These links are provided solely as a convenience to the Forum User. These other sites were independently developed by parties other than CAPIC and CAPIC assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information in such sites. The inclusion of any link to another site or mention of another party or its products or services on the linked site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its products or services. If a Forum User decides to access any linked site, he or she does so entirely at his or her own risk.