Canada Immigration Forum

Canada Immigration Forum

Federal Skilled Worker/Federal Skilled Trades Program

Do you meet the selection criteria of the FSW or have you had eligible work experience required by the FSTP? Posting your queries here to explore your options.


By: Younus insaf on Dec 20, 2018 01:29 PM EST
I need job in canada how to applay and how much cost
Robyn Jones[CICC ID: R514419]
By: ROBYN JONES[CICC ID: R514419] on Feb 28, 2019 10:38 PM EST
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and Immigration Instructor operating in Nanaimo, BC. Assisting clients in most areas of Canada and the rest of the world.
You have to be eligible for a work permit. In order to do that you need to find a job. RCICs don't specifically help you find jobs in Canada. Recruiters and employment agencies sometimes do, or you can do that yourself. Sometimes, the RCIC is also a recruiter or employment agent, but not always, so make sure that if you are asking an RCIC for help finding employment that they actually provide that service.

Also make sure that a recruiter or employment agency is authorized for the province the work is in. If they are not, they are operating illegally. One easy way to tell is to take note if they are charging you to find employment. This is illegal in most, if not all, of Canada. Only the employer can pay recruiting fees and they cannot make the employee pay them back for those fees.

Also, if a recruiter is not also an authorized representative, they may not help you with your immigration documents for a fee. Most of the time, they don't know what they are doing anyway unless they are authorized, so you are better to find an RCIC to do the work permit application.

Begin a Discussion
Find a Consultant