Canada Immigration Forum

Canada Immigration Forum

Work in Canada

To work in Canada, most foreign workers need to obtain a work permit before they can work in Canada.

How can I get an LMIA approved job offer while living outside Canada?

By: Shahrzad Farrokhzad on Feb 01, 2019 04:24 PM EST
Also, are there any LMIA-exempt jobs available in Canada?
Robyn Jones [CICC ID: R514419]
By: ROBYN JONES [CICC ID: R514419] on Feb 28, 2019 06:09 PM EST
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and Immigration Instructor operating in Nanaimo, BC. Assisting clients in most areas of Canada and the rest of the world.
LMIA applications are applications that must be submitted to ESDC by an employer. You can certainly apply for positions while outside of Canada, and if the employer chooses to try to hire you, he/she will be required to submit the LMIA application. Once an approval is received, then you would be provided with the LMIA number and could apply for a work permit. The LMIA does NOT assess your qualifications. The work permit will, so you will need to show you meet all the qualifications required for the position.

There are often LMIA exempt jobs available, but the job AND the applicant must be qualified.

The best way to determine your eligibility is to book a consultation and assessment with an RCIC
Begin a Discussion
Find a Consultant