Canada Immigration Forum

Canada Immigration Forum

Work in Canada

To work in Canada, most foreign workers need to obtain a work permit before they can work in Canada.


By: grace sumalde on Feb 28, 2020 08:49 AM EST
Hi I want to apply in Canada. How to do it? What should I do? I'm a registered nurse from Philippines. Please reply. Thank you.
By: Zhang Hui on Mar 02, 2020 12:28 PM EST
Hi Grace,

You may be eligible to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program managed under the Express Entry (EE) system, an online application system. Please visit the website of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the immigration authority of Canada to see whether you are eligible:

If you can find a Canadian employer who would offer you a job as a caregiver, you may apply for a work permit as well as the permanent residence at the same time - you need to work at a lower level position though: either child care provider or home support worker. Check here to see whether it suits you:

If you think about working in Canada, here's the information for you:

You may also reach out to our members, licenced immigration and citizenship consultants (RCICs) seeking assistance:

Good luck,

Zhang Hui, RCIC, #R524643
Begin a Discussion
Find a Consultant