Canada Immigration Forum

Canada Immigration Forum

Visit Canada

Want to see your family or friends, or maybe enjoy a great holiday? You may need a temporary resident visa or eTA.

Visitor visa: parents name spelling mismatch

By: obscuree on Nov 26, 2019 01:50 AM EST
Dear Altruist
I am a Canadian PR and interested to apply for my parents visitor visa from Bangladesh to Canada. In my PR application, passport and birth certificate my father name is: A. M. Sirajul whereas in my fathers passport and documents, his name is written in full form and change in 'e' with 'i' as: Ahad Muhammad Serajul. Same problem with my mother name as well. While sending them the invitation letter what name I should mention and if this mismatch could be an issue for the Canadian immigration officer while assessing for the visa. I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks.
By: Zhang Hui on Nov 26, 2019 12:41 PM EST
Hi there,

Your parents are applicants, so their names must match the names on their respective passports. You may submit an affidavit explaining the situation.

Good luck,

Zhang Hui, RCIC, #R524643
Begin a Discussion
Find a Consultant